Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dinner

Hugh and I had a great dinner last night with my sisters, Anne and Joan and their respective partners, Al and Tom. It was a clam bake but as we learned a clam bake is not baked clams! It had clams, mussels, shrimp, cherizo and frankfurters. It was delicious. There was also dessert of crème caramel. I am not a big fan of it myself but everyone else thought it was delicious.

Hugh bought a new barbeque. It only cost $99.00 from HomeDepot. Last year it sold for $350 so there are some good deals out there. Hugh is testing it out right now with some bbq chicken and ribs. Unfortunately I had a great lunch at Scrambles with Kath and am too full to have anything. But then again, Detta and I are off the to movies to see '17 again'. I don't even think I will have popcorn (unbelievable I know) but I may take a piece of fruit.
Kath has started knitting the cutest baby cardigan for a girl at her school. You can't quite see the colours, in this photo. The trim is fushia and bright green and the stripes are orange and yellow. I have the same wool so I am going to knit a matching hat. I did finish one of the other baby hats and another has all the ends sewn in. While Kath and I were out we stopped by the cute wool shop on Queen St E called The Purple Purl. Kath bought me a pattern for baby sneakers. I am also going to knit this girl a pair of matching sneakers for her baby. It was a lovely shop and nice seats for just coming in, knitting and chatting. There is also a cappuccino bar and good stuff to eat.

I tried a rib and they are delicious. The freezer has finished defrosting so I just need to give a good wipe down and Bob's your uncle.

No comments: