Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day with Andrew and Lisa

I met Andrew and Lisa today for breakfast in Bowmanville. We had a great breakfast and then we went to the wool shop. Unfortunately the owner was delayed due to a dentist appointment. So we wandered up to Goulds, looked a quilting material, then we stopped at another fabric shop. We did manage to buy some bright pink buttons. Then finally Soper Creek Yarn opened and I bought some more wool and some more buttons for the little sweator Kath knit.

We then headed to Oshawa to go to another fabric store, out by Oshawa zoo. Lisa and I drove together and talked about weddings and candy. It was fun. The material store was fantastic. They have some beautiful material. The batiks were gorgeous, I may have to attempt a quilt for Hugh and I. Anyways Lisa found a piece of material she liked and bought 10 metres!!! This quilt is made only from one fabric but each square is made up by repeats. It will look beautiful.

We then headed back into Oshawa and went to Teddy's for lunch. Which was delicious. I will have to take Hugh there.

No comments: