Monday, June 1, 2009

New Office

We are nearly finished setting up the office for Hugh. The computer desk is out and the table is nearly cleared. The book shelves are nearly full of reference material. Hugh took down the chandler and put up the new fan. The new fan looks good and moves the air around really nicely. I went back to Canadian Tire to buy another one for our bedroom but the sale is over so now I must wait.

On Saturday, I decided to rip out the baby layette that I had started. I didn't like the green, it just didn't seem to work very well. I have started knitting another one, which has a simpler look. This time I have used the aqua colour with the variegated and yellow. It is looking good. I have also finished the two big blocks for the baby blanket. Now I only need to sew them together and then knit some more along the long edge.

I finally got around to some gardening. If I wasn't feeling well, then it was raining. Though on Sunday, it was very windy. I have all my new plants finally in the ground except one. The last one Hugh will have to help me with. I want to dig out some other shrubs which I need Hughs help with. I am sure it is that same tree I had in England because I saw a bunch of new shots coming from it. Anyways I dislike. Plus there are some weedy looking shrubs which I am sure are being choked by that other shrub. I still have ferns but I may end up moving that to the back yard. My garden in the back, needs a major overhaul. The beds are full of grass and the weeds in the grass are terrible. I want to plant some more of those lilies from the front to the back but I am sure there is still some carpet in back beds. Lots of work but it will take me years to get sorted out. The lilac has more flowers on it this year except they are on the neighbours side. Well maybe next year it will have more, this is only the second time I have seen it bloom. The plant Joan gave me, the yellow flowers, is blooming like crazy this year. It is so pretty.

The pigeon is still with us, or Penny as the children have named her. I am sure her eggs have hatched. I hear a cheeping and one day when she flew off I ran back from the car to have a look and there was one chick.

No comments: