Saturday, June 20, 2009

Busy Week

Joan and Tom popped around last Sunday on their motorbikes. Joan looks very flash on her bike. I have no desire whatsoever to get on a motorbike again. I think Joan is very brave especially in Canada.

While out in the garden I discovered that the baby pigeons were still hanging around. They were found under the shrubs or on the floppy cedar tree. I haven't seen them for the rest of the week though.

Work passed by quickly, two new jobs were posted at Seneca forLibrary Technicians but you have to be a full time employee to apply for them. I don't expect they will replace their jobs once the new jobs are filled. A cost saving approach by Seneca to stretch the work amongst its employees. I did apply for a job at the Ontario Legistlature and another one at Baycrest so we will have to see what happens with those. I am thinking of appling for a Radiation Protection Technician at OPG, you only need a high school diploma to apply. I am not quite sure if I would be suited to this job though.

The children and I went to see Land of the Lost last night. It was very funny and gross. The children loved it. I especially like the mosquito part and the dinosaur's brain the size of a walnut.

Detta and I had a busy day today. I wanted to get some more yarn for a scarf I am knitting, it is silk and seaweed. We dropped by Anne's house to pick her up to borrow her sewing machine. Her kitchen has been totally removed at the moment. Andrew and a buddy are doing it this coming week. We drove downtown with Anne, stopped by and bought some fried rice Chinese buns to eat plus a few for Hugh - Curried Beef and BBQ Pork. The bakery is called the Yung Sing Bakery and it is on Baldwin Street. Excellent food and service. The first time I went there, was when I worked for Sick Kids hospital in 1986. I would walk over at lunch time have a fried rice bun and a vegetable spring roll.

We went to see Alex at her store but the Much Music channel were getting ready for their awards ceremony at the City TV building and it was crazy. We found Alex and Detta is taller than Alex now. We went out for crepes, they were so good. I had dark chocolate and strawberries, Detta had dark chocolate and ice cream, oh yes I had cream also. Yummy. We left there to go to Romni wool shop but I didn't end up buying any more, one they didn't have and two the ball I had weighed 100 grams. We drove back to Anne's and stopped by for Lizzie. The traffic was terrible, College St and Bloor were closed!! Lizzie's flat is very nice and then we went to Anne's. I was so exhausted from all the driving. Anyways I am home now, enjoying my new office. Anne lent me her yellow ball for sitting on but I need to put a bit more air in.

No comments: