Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wedding Preparations

Today I headed into Toronto at 9ish. I wanted to be at the Bay on Queen when it opened. I wasn't far off but it was incredibly slow driving along Richmond, just past Jarvis, it went from 3 lanes to 1!! I found a gorgeous black dress from Jones of New York. It is very 'Little Black Dress', very Coco Chanel. I also bought this gorgeous silk skirt in black and beige. It is beautiful, that may be returned if I wear the black dress (not on sale). There wasn't much to choose from, all the spring/summer clothes were on sale which obviously had started several weeks ago and there wasn't very much in for the autumn collections. Very sparse. I then headed over to Reitman's in the Eaton Centre. I found a lovely jacket to wear with the dress (but I may return it).

I headed home from there, took Miles and Detta to McDonalds for lunch. Funnily enough I ran into the lady, Jeanette who I met when Detta and I were flying from Belfast to Heathrow. What are the chances of meeting someone, you met on a plane in the UK, in McDonalds!! Yes she does live in the same town as me.

After lunch, I insisted Detta stop watching television as we needed to dress shop for her. We went to the Laura outlet. A very nice saleslady helped us choose about 10 dresses for Detta to try on. We finally settled on two so I bought them both. They were marked down so I thought why not! I found a lovely white jacket with black buttons which will look excellent with the black dress. I think this jacket will look much nicer than the one from Reitman's. We then headed to Walmart for ribbon, but Detta found shoes she liked there. They will look nice with one of the dresses she choose. I also found some shoes, maybe not for the wedding but they look great. It did take me a while to find the second shoe but I did persist, on the floor looking between the racks did it.

We then stopped at Bulk Barn. I liked the gum drops Joan had, so I did like Joan and just picked out all the pink ones. I think I got them all. Then our last stop was the Dollar store for a couple of vases which we are putting our candy skewers in.

Now I am putting my labels on the chinese boxes and tying very small bows, all 120 of them. I have more than half the green ones done and Detta is putting the ribbons with labels on the pink ones. I will then tie all the bows. I need to buy more ribbon though, I need ribbon for 23 more green boxes. Detta and I were over at Joan's yesterday evening, we finished all the bonbons!!! YESSS!! Detta skewed all the candy and put them into little baggies for each table arrangement. Joan sorted the bonbons for the table arrangements also. Everything looks so pretty.

I keep downloading pictures from my camera but most of my trip to the UK is still on the camera. I just don't want to remove them yet. There are only 540 pictures on the camera.

No comments: