Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lisa's Wedding

Yesterday, Detta and I headed up to Kath's again. We didn't go quite as early this time. Today we started working on decorations for the sides of the pews in the church. It took some time to actually figure out what would look good. And then more time to work out the logistics of the whole thing, like tying it to the pews and having it hang properly. No this is not Lisa's wedding bouquet but one of the pew decorations though in this picture it is not completed.

For dinner, we went to the Village Inn in Bowmanville. It was very good. I have in the past few months rediscovered a meal, I loved as a child, roast beef sandwich au jus. It has different names in different restaurants but is basically a roast beef sandwich you can dip in a thin or thick beef gravy. The Village Inn had very thick gravy so I also dipped my most excellent fries in it also.

After dinner, we went to the movies. Anne and Lizzy met us there plus another friend of Kath's. We saw Julie & Julia. It was so good, Meryl Streep is such an excellent actress.

Today I headed back to Kath's. By lunch I had finished with the glue guns. So all the pew decorations are finished. Lisa and her mum can put the finishing touches on them when they go to the church on Wednesday. I got home and jumped in the pool with Donovan. It was so nice. I haven't spent that much time in our pool all summer. We are now going to have hot chocolate (I might add some coffee to mine for the caffeine).

No comments: