Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Job, Baking, Knitting & Misc

Well it has been an age. I didn't get the job. The other person has 6+ years as a parttimer over me so she got the job. I was very disappointed but on the upside I saved paying an extra $20.00 a month in parking. And there are quite a few other jobs that I need to apply for.

My niece, Lisa is getting married in a few weeks. The wedding showers are flying in. My sisters and I are having one on Sundayfor her and then there are two more. I am not sure I am going to go to all these. So I am at the moment making some butter tart squares (from Canadian Living). I have made a number of substitutions which include Splenda sugar, Splenda brown sugar and 'I can't believe its butter' light. And I did add walnuts instead of pecans. I just took them out of the oven and they look delicious. I can't wait for them to cool down so I can try a piece. Now I just have to figure out how many WW points they are.

A few things I forgot to mention from my trip to Ireland. Patricia and Kenny's son, Paul, is off to Brazil in a couple of weeks. He will be there for 2 years. Paul has been there before, a couple of times but what an adventure. The other thing I forgot to mention is Patricia has the same car as me. Patricia's is red and mine is blue. I thought that was very funny, we both have great taste. Unfortunately our lease will be up in January, we probably will return it.
I have decided I must finish a few knitting projects. I have a little baby jacket I had finished knitting. I just need to sew it together, the part I dislike the most. I tried putting it on round needles since the sleeves are raglan but it didn't work. It is very pretty though, I can't wait to see it finished. I also have to finish the hat for Barbara's baby. It is purple and pink, very striking. Anne also let me know that Al's niece loved the hat I knit for her baby. It is always nice to hear what people think.

No comments: