Thursday, August 20, 2009

Flower Arranging

Today after heading into the kitchen I realised I had forgotten to make the brownies for the rehearsal party. So at 7:30 I started mixing up a batch of brownies, no walnuts though. Then after they were finished I made a second batch. I headed out to Joan's about 9:30 and they were still hot in the boxes.
When I arrived at Joan's, Kath was there with Peter's Mum, Margaret and her sisters, Anne and Lisa. Names like this will make it easier for me to remember their names. They were all preparing the flowers to put in the vases which were spread around Joan's dining and living rooms. Anne arrived just in time for tea and brought some lovely squares with her. Lisa and I ended up going out and getting boxes from No Frills to carry the flower arrangements to the hall. I think Andrew is going to pick them up tomorrow. Joan has put most of the flowers in the arrangements but there is still filler, the bonbons and candy to put in. Detta and I are going to pop over tonight and help.

Oh I forgot, Hugh and I had a trial run of the candy buffet last night. We set the vases out and started filling them with candy. We are supposed to make candy skewers but I think that may be removed. I may just fill the dishes with jelly beans. And then there is also red twizzlers to put in. It is going to look really good.

After the flowers, Joan, Anne and I headed out for Reitman's. We bought some clothes and used up our $25.00 vouchers. I bought a skirt, jeans and 2 blouses. Then we headed over to Pickle's which is now called Wimpy's. But the food is just as good. I had a roast beef dip (again). It was very good, the gravy was not too thick.

Anyways I must decide tonight if we are going to do the skewers or not. Then I need to press my dress lightly and find the boys trousers. Detta probably needs something so I better go and get my last minute preparations done. Tomorrow morning Detta and I go to the hairdresser and then pack the candy in the cooler. Oh yes it would be a good idea to pack the vases tonight.

No comments: