Sunday, July 12, 2009

Visiting Family & Friends

Yesterday Alan gave us a ride over to Wimbledon and then Detta and I took the tram to Croydon. It was very quick and passed through all the areas I used to drive. Though I didn't recognize some as we were in Mitcham Common and not by the road. We did pass by the back of IKEA and Sainsburys.

We met my friend, Lisa Holland and her daughter, Kerri at Pret a Manger. It was so good to see her. It has been at least seven years since I saw her last. And the last time I saw Kerri, she was a wee baby.

We then went over to met Juliet at her work place. It was very interesting to ride the bus and walk in Croydon. So much has changed. Juliet took us back to her house and we met all the family. Robert has not changed at all. In fact it was just as if we saw them yesterday.
Detta really got on well with her cousins like she has always known them. Juliet and I walked up to the high street and bought fish and chips for lunch. She caught me up on all the family gossip. Their house is lovely and Hugh you would love their shower. Detta, Lauren and Nicole decided they wanted to go and see Ice Age 3. So we took them back to Croydon and they were able to see it in 3D. Juliet and I went to Primark and shopped.
I should of course mention Alan and Kate who were are staying with. They have been great. They have driven us around, feed us, housed us. I suggested for next year we should do a house swap.
Their boys are so big now 15 and 13. Lester is so tall and Alex is not far behind.
Alan works more close to home now so quite often drives his bike which is a 500cc moped to work. And Kate works at the library. This is Alan in his studio.

No comments: