Friday, July 17, 2009

Northern Ireland

Detta and I arrived in Belfast yesterday. Alan gave us a ride to Heathrow at 7:30am. I am glad we arrived early as the queue for the baggage was very long. We had an e-ticket to confirm our seating which was easy but the baggage queue was unbelievable. We had a couple of hours to spare so Detta bought a new cover for her DS at HMV. We finally got on the flight which was only an hour. But we now have 3 suitcases which I still may reduce back to 2 as we got charged for being 11kilos overweight. Which I did have to pay for!!!

We picked the car up and headed towards Lisburn. I found my way quite easily but the road layout near Patricia and Kenny's house has changed so I became a bit lost but then recovered. Thank goodness Patricia was just having lunch, I was starving. The food on the plane is no longer free so I hadn't eaten anything all day.


We just relaxed and Detta had a nap. Barbara and Trevor came over with the new baby, Katie. She is 6 weeks old and very sweet. Detta even held the baby, I think it is the first time she has ever held a baby.
Today we set off for the Mourne Mountains. It looked like it was going to rain but it held off and turned into a beautiful day. We stopped in the mountains, but it was so windy that we all hopped back in the car fairly quickly. We stopped at Kilbroney for some coffee and had a walk around the park there. If all the family came for a visit, there is a caravan park there.

We then drove over Kilkeel. We went into a few shops. The scenery along the way is just beautiful. I am not sure if Detta finds is so interesting. The ice cream may have helped. Patricia bought Detta a CD which we listened to but only on the condition, if we didn't like, there was the option of turning it off. I think the CD was the best part for Detta. We then stopped at Newcastle and walked along the boardwalk. After this we headed home.
Patricia and Kenny took us out for dinner. Detta was very happy to have pizza, it was delicous.

No comments: