Monday, July 6, 2009

England

Detta and I arrived yesterday. It was a long flight and hot. I thought a night flight would be nice and cool. I was so uncomfortable and didn't sleep hardly at all. Detta slept fairly well. We had three children flying unaccompanied sitting in front of us which was interesting. And then there was a 20 month old behind us but she only woke up once, very loudly. I am so glad those days are past for me.

Alan and Kate met us at the airport. They set a room up for us with a pull out couch for me and a futon for Detta. I had a bit of nap and Detta also had one. Kate and Alan cooked us a lovely dinner, hamburgers, chicken wings and bbq English bacon. I didn't try the bacon, I say English bacon as opposed to our Canadian streaky bacon. Their garden is so colourful, so English.

We had a very good sleep and now we are getting ready to head into London. We are taking our coach tour to Avebury and Stonehenge.

No comments: