Saturday, May 23, 2009

Outing with Kath

I went and met Kath for breakfast. I did get weighed at WW, I actually lost some weight!!! YES!!! We stopped by Soper Creek Yarns and I bought some more yarn for the baby layette. I have decided not to do stripes. I am going to do the body part in yellow (with little holes). I am not sure about the green though, in comparison with the yellow it is very bright, where as the yellow is softer.

We visited some garden centres. I bought a spirea(!) for my front garden, now I must get out and do some planting. I saw a lot of other plants I would like but for the moment, I need to sort out what I have. Kath bought a bunch but she will be having a lot of people round this summer with Lisa's wedding in August. We also went by a church yard sale. I think we missed all the good stuff but Kath did get a frame for needle work.

Actually I saw some beautiful Aquilegia (Columbine), this one was called a clematis-flowered Columbine. There are some beautiful colours but at the moment $10 a pot was just a bit too much. I will have to see if I can purchase some seeds. The pictures below I didn't take but are from a website called davesgarden.com. There is also a very dark purple one which is beautiful.

No comments: