Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day went off well. I received lots of new plants from the children. Hugh bought me this beautiful cookie bouquet. It looks so pretty.

We had lots of people through. Kath, Andrew, Joan and Tom came for breakfast. We had blueberry pancakes and bacon made by Hugh which were delicious. Anne, Al and Lizzie then dropped by so Hugh started a second round of breakfast which was also delicious. In fact Lizzie assisted with the pancake cooking. Al's arm is doing better after his fail on Wednesday, he need surgery to put two pins in.

I am still knitting the baby blanket but it is not quite done yet. I needed a change though so I started knitting a cute hat for Al's great niece. It is in brown with two tones of pink. It looks so nice, in fact I am nearly done but because it is in stripes I have lots of ends to sew in. I might also knit this one for Donovan's teacher but in light brown so it looks like a teddy bear.

I had my hair cut yesterday. It looks terrible. I will see how it looks tomorrow but I think it will need rescued.

Hugh has been working very hard all afternoon. He has been helping Miles make the knight costume for his medieval project which is due on Tuesday. Now we just have to do the diorama. I love the plumage!

No comments: