Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Great Frog Rescue

Today, Detta and I were to have pedicures and Detta a facial.  Well the place I booked, I thought was today but as it turns out it was for next week.  So I knew of this other nail place so Detta and I drove over there.  As we were walking in the shop, there were little frogs everywhere.  Anyways Detta and I had our luxury pedicures with fancy designs on our toes.  As I finished my coffee from Tims, I said to Detta, wouldn't Donovan love to see these frogs?  Detta said yes but you aren't going to catch them?  Oh yes I was.  I caught two of the tiny frogs in my Tims cup.  We headed home and showed our frogs to Donovan and Hugh.  They were suitablely impressed. I released them in my front garden.  A few frogs would be great in the garden.

Then we decided to go to Party Packagers to look for party invitations for Donovan's Birthday Party.  We are having the Sciensational Sssnakes!! come to his party.  We didn't find any invitations but we had to go home so on route we stopped and gathered up a whole pile of tiny frogs.  Detta was very upset with us.  But I wanted to put them somewhere where they would be safe.  The parking lot was not a safe place.  


We had to drop Detta off for the school's group performance by the SASS (School Alliance of Student Songwriters) so on the way we stopped at a conservation area, Lynde Shores and released our little frogs.  This would at least give some of them a better chance of survival.  After dropping Detta off, Donovan and I decided we would go back and collect some more frogs!!!  This time we gathered up lots
more.  We dropped by home to show Hugh and the boys.  One of the little boys came with us and we went to Rotary Park to release the rest of them.  Originally I was going to go to the boat launch but we were beaten there by some Canadian Geese and their babies.  We choose several other spots and let them go.
After dinner, Hugh, Donovan and Miles have gone again to collect some more.  I am not sure where they are going to release this bunch but I have asked them to save 10.  We will take them to church tomorrow to show everyone.  And then release up there.

No comments: