Saturday, June 19, 2010

Detta's Graduation

Detta's graduation was on Thursday. It has been days in preparation. The day of the great frog rescue was the start with Detta and I having pedicures. Then the following Monday, Detta had her first facial. A lot of firsts this week. Thursday finally comes around and here I am thinking I can have a nice line in and Detta says when are we getting my nails done! And I still need a handbag!!

We headed off to the same place we had the pedicures and Detta had a French manicure with gel nails. They look really good, I may just have to get some myself. We set off for the Bay to look for a handbag. The Bay didn't have the one Detta really wanted, we should have bought it weeks ago but there was a small clutch she liked. And then after a quick bite at McD's we headed to get our hair done!! Detta had her hair straightened and an updo. I had a trim also, it is so nice and cooler.

I dropped by the school to help set up the food tables but there really wasn't much for me to do. The other mums had everything under control. So I just went home made some pierogies for Detta. Detta put her make up and was ready to go.

The graduation started with all the students walking in. There were a lot of presentations and to our surprise Detta was recognized for having an above 80 average for two terms. Hugh and I hadn't realized how well Detta was doing in school. They played a video which had their student picture and a baby picture of them and there was also a music video to a song by the Black Eyed Peas, "x". At the end one of the students played the song by Green Day, "The Time of our Life". He played really well. After this, there was fruit punch and cake. The students were all very excited. Detta had a dance with her Dad and then we left.

Detta stayed for dance and pizza later. One of the students was having a party after the graduation but we didn't want Detta to go. Not only did we not know the student but it was already 10:30 at night. She will have plenty of time to go to parties in the future. Detta had a great time.  My baby is going into Grade 9.

No comments: