Sunday, September 6, 2009

Post Wedding 2

Well I haven't received any more photos of the wedding. But it was great. To continue on where I left off:

We forgot the Chinese boxes for the candy at home so all of us drove home. At least the tire didn't go flat again. Once there we feed the children some Jamaican patties to tide them over. Then we headed back to Newcastle for the reception. I ended up driving to Whitby before getting on the 401 to miss the Friday afternoon traffic out of Toronto.

The reception went well, there were some really big fans to keep the air moving around. Detta sat with a bunch of teens for the meal. I think she really liked that. We sat with the boys, Margo and as it turned out the minister and her husband, Laura and Ted and another woman from the church. They were not very communicative with us. At least I had Margo to talk to. Hugh tried to engage Ted but from what I heard later it was a one way street. Anne gave the boys this great pad with lots of different activities. This kept the two of them very busy for most of the dinner.

The dinner was lovely though I missed all the desserts which may be a good thing. I had taken Miles and Donovan outside for a bit of a run around. I think the boys enjoyed being dressed up in their shirts and ties. They kept pretending they were spies. Donovan looked like one of those rockers from AC/DC, he was wearing shorts with soaks and running shoes!Then the speeches, there were lots of them. The best man may have offered us more information than we would have liked. And then the tables were moved back and Lisa and Peter had their first dance. Hugh and I then set up the candy buffet. We had lots of helpers. It looked great.
Then all the dancing started. Donovan was dancing like crazy, he danced with all the family. All the family was dancing. The music was very good and kept everyone moving. The candy buffet was off to a slow start. I don't think people really knew what to do. But then by the time we left I had refilled all the candy I had left.

We headed home about 10ish. Miles was starting to feel very short of breath. The reception hall was not air conditioned and it had become very warm and stuffy. Of course we had forgotten Miles' epipen (someone else also had one) and puffer. Hugh came back to the reception so he could clear away all candy buffet. It sounds like everyone had a good time. Hugh arrived back at the reception just in time to have a sausage in a bun.

No comments: