Sunday, September 6, 2009

Trip to Kincardine

Last week we popped up to Kincardine for a couple of days. We had one day at the Boiler Beach and then it rained for two days. Alex, Detta's friend from Toronto came with us. And we stayed at my friend Karen's house. They have a flat in the basement where Hugh, the boys and I stayed and the girls slept in Katie's old room.

It was a great day at the beach. The weather was cool, but that didn't stop us. There was no way I was going in the water but everyone else did, though not for too long. We ended up playing on the beach for ages. We started to divert the water run off but it took a long time. Everyone took long walks up and down the beach. It was very nice.

It is always amazing how the beach changes from year to year. This year the water level is really high. The old boiler, hence Boiler Beach, is actually in the water. I haven't seen that for a couple of years. It is so full of sand that there are plants growing out of it now. When I was little it was much further out in the water. I also saw sand pipers this year. They haven't been around the past few years but then there may have been too many people on the beach before. The beach was practically empty when we arrived but by later afternoon there must have at least 20 people.

We ran into Kim. I can't believe how grown up Deanie has become. All the kids got on great together. We came home Sunday and then Donovan wasn't feeling well so I stayed at home with him on Monday.

No comments: