Friday, April 1, 2011

What's On for Knitting - April

April seems to be a busy month for knitting events.  Here are three events that I am going to take part in.

April 9 - Durham Spring Yarn Crawl - you need to be on Ravelry to see this, it's part of the Durham Region Knit & Crochet & Fibre group.  But for those of you who want to take part, the following shops are participating:  Never Enough Wool (Port Perry); On the Lamb (Uxbridge); Soper Creek Yarns (Bowmanville); Fergusons (Myrtle Station) and The Kniterary (Whitby).  From what I have heard, you can get discounts at some of the stores.  It will be nice to get out and about.  My two sisters, Joan and Kath are hopefully going to do this with me.

April  15-16 - Creativ Festival - costs $15.00 to get in.  Look at their website because there are lots of mini courses to take for free.  This event is being held at the International Centre in Mississauga. I am going on the Friday with my sister, Joan.

April 30/May 1 - Knitters Frolic - costs $5.00 to get in, plus there are classes to sign up for (but at a cost).  This event is held at the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre.  I don't know if anyone is going with me but I will go on my own.

No comments: