Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Yarn Crawl

On Saturday, my sister, Joan and I headed out on our first Spring Yarn Crawl.  We headed to Soper Creek Yarn in Bowmanville first.  We had a good look around, I picked up my Rat Race Scarf from the Yarn Challenge.  I didn't win but my other sister, Kath, tied with 2nd with her horse hat.

Then Joan and I picked up some coffees and headed for Port Perry.  The next yarn shop was Never Enough Wool.  We found it quite easily.  This shop was bright and cheerful.  They had some beautiful alpaca wool that I may still have to buy to knit a hat for Hugh.  I did buy some yarn called Smiley Stripes by Sirdar.  It is a bamboo and wool mix.  I bought the pattern book by Hearts & Stripes also by Sirdar. I have already knit the Baby Bolero Jacket for cousin's new granddaughter in Ireland.

Our next stop was On the Lamb in Uxbridge.  This one was a bit more difficult to find.  We had the old address!!  But we just weren't that impressed with this shop.  It was a bit dark.  They are attached to a kitchen shop which we also had a look around.  It was just too expensive for me.

We then stopped for lunch at Subway.  Both Joan and I had tuna subs.  I haven't had a good tuna sandwich in ages.  It was delicious.  From there we headed towards Fergusons at Myrtle Station.  This was a small shop in a house so part of the upstairs was used also.  Joan bought some lovely green cotton to knit a little summer top.  I saw a beautiful shawl on display so I was going to buy the pattern.  It is Regia Knits Journal 611 - Classic Styles and the shawl I am going to knit is 7261.  Joan very kindly bought me the pattern and the yarn to knit it.  The yarn is 100% merino and is Punta Lace Space Dyed.  It is different colours of blue.

From there we headed back to Joan's house.  Had a well deserved cup of tea and then I headed home.

No comments: