Thursday, April 15, 2010

What a couple of Days


On Tuesday night, Kath called me and asked if I wanted to come over to her friends on Wednesday as she was dying!!! I thought that seemed a bit strange. Why would I want to watch someone dying!! What Kath meant to come and see some fabric being dyed!

So on Wednesday morning after my dentist appointment which went very well except at my next appointment I am having my gums measured. My husband informed me that it is excruciatingly painful, thanks for that darling. Anyways I went to meet Kath. I know Kath's friend also but we will just call her Mrs. P.
Mrs. P was demonstrating how to dye wool for hooking. She was finishing dying the background for a friendship rug. We had a very good demonstration on dying fabric though I can't remember what this method is called.

While the material was cooking/steaming, we went through a bunch of Mrs. P's quilt and rug books. I just might hook a rug myself. I found one of a cow I really liked. I also finished the heel on my sock. We then left there and had lunch in Orono. I had a beef sandwich with fries, delicious. By the time we got to Kath's house there wasn't much time to help pin her rugs but I did get the wool to start a hat to match the baby sweator Kath knit for her friend Jan's daughter.

I was home by 5:30 and started casting on the hat. After a couple of trys I got it right and started knitting. But then it was dinner, Hugh cooked a lovely dinner of baked chicken, vegies and rice. It was delicious. Everyone loves this chicken.

Then Detta and I were off to Pathfinders. We were all meeting at Greenwood Conservation area and going for a hike. Detta and I forgot our whistles, water and flashlights. We were not very well prepared. Anyways the hike was great, what a workout. This is the trail I was trying to find when we went on the snake hunt at Easter. The boys would love this, right by the river and lots of mud. I was so sore, up and down hills. I want to do it again this weekend. My legs and butt were killing me.

I knit more on the hat while watching CSI. I did say I was going to stop watching CSI. The episodes seem to be in for the thrill factor and their lack of wearing protective gear for the crime scene is beginning to irritate me. I just love all the high heels and loose hair!!!!

Today I headed to Kath's early. I was so stiff I could hardly get out of bed but I was there by 9am! We had some coffee and Kath started to put the finishing edge on her carpet. I think it is called 'Queen Anne's Lace'. It is so pretty. I kept knitting at the hat and finished it. The curly q's on the top look so cute. It was a good morning and afternoon.

I had a really had a surprise when I came into work. I had a message from one of the staff in the fashion dept. Earlier in the week I had bought some raffle tickets and then you put them in the envelope of the item that interests you. Well I had put all of mine in this Dior make up set (there were quite a few of them). So guess what, I won one!!! YES. I better go and buy a lottery ticket now.

No comments: