Saturday, April 10, 2010

Socks


I was given this kit for the contest I entered at Soper Creek. This is the first sock I have ever knit, it has been so easy and fun. What have I been missing all these years? Those socks I have that don't fit well (I have small feet), now I can make my own! I even went on Youtube to find about grafting or the Kitchener stitch as its called. Now that I have one finished I can't wait to get the second done. Next time I do a pair I will make them a bit longer though.

My entry for the contest at Soper Creek was a hat from a Mission Falls book using there 1824 wool. It is so soft. Kath won second prize with her socks. Joan also entered the contest with a tea cosy. For the contest we bought a kit with selection of wool from Mission Falls 1824. We had to use the wool in the kit but we could use more and other wool from our own stash. If you remember Kath won first prize last year and I tied for second.

Kath's Socks & Joan's Tea Cosy

No comments: