Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend at Heathers

This past weekend, I went for a girls weekend at my friend, Heathers. There were five of us all together, Kim, Heather, Lynda, Karen and me. Heather just had her kitchen and bathrooms refinished and they are beautiful. Kim and I drove down on Saturday morning which took 1.5-2 hours.

Once everyone had arrived, Heather fed us this delicious broccoli soup. I don't usually like soup but it was so good, I may try to make this at home. We then went for a tour around town and stopped at Daves for a martini. Of course, we stopped by the Liquor store and bought a few supplies.
We drank a few liquors and drinks before dinner. I suddenly didn't feel so well so ended up having a lie down but recovered enough by dinner time when I also switched to water.
Heather made this delicious, Late berry-crusted Ontario lamb rack with cheddar gnocchi and asparagus. It was delicious. And for dessert we had chocolate souffles with caramel sauce.
It was great seeing everyone. It has been a few years since we have all got together.

No comments: